Vaion was founded in February 2018 by a very experienced team to revolutionize a multi-billion dollar security market with cutting-edge hardware and software, applying the latest advancements within machine learning, computer vision, and design. Right now, we are in the process of strengthening the initial engineering and commercial team for our product, so this is an incredible opportunity to enter an exciting and innovative company right from the beginning. Join us if you want to challenge and disrupt an existing technology market and have fun on the way.
We are looking for an accomplished inside sales professional with a proven track record of over-achieving quotas by prospecting, cold-calling, scheduling, and participating in client meetings/demonstrations to generate pipeline for outside field reps. Over time, we would like inside sales to become a true out-bound sales engine with cloud-connected cameras as a primary offering. Our Inside and outside Sales Executives own significant territories and develop their own territory business strategies in conjunction with our local, regional, and national partners. Our sales teams work alongside world-class Pre-Sales Engineers to build successful relationships that lead to new business opportunities. An ideal candidate can balance hunting near term opportunities with long term strategic relationships while applying solution-selling methodologies to close business, surpass sales targets, and maximize growth.
We think you could be a good fit if you are passionate about…
- Prospecting accounts for new business
- Engaged in good CRM hygiene with salesforce and creating effective client campaigns in email, phone with follow-ups
- Ability to understand competitive positioning and value proposition for “elevator pitch” important to creating initial client “wedge”
- Presenting and demonstrating Vaion’s software-defined security platform to CISOs, physical security experts, integrators, consultants, facility and property management, faculty, deans, principles, etc.
- Fostering channel development with local and regional partnerships to help design, configure, sell, install, and support Vaion solutions
- Teaming with engineering resources to ensure technical excellence in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, RFP responses, and POCs
- Providing customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required
- Forecasting and reporting activity accurately and in line with expectations – including calls completed per day/week and appointments set/attended
- Working closely with field Sales and Engineers to meet or exceed sales targets
- Forging high-level relationships within accounts to win incremental product and service business
- Establishing and working with partners in your territory
- Keeping informed of the competitive landscape
- Interested in helping to train/build additional inside sales teams while maintaining interest in outside sales potential
Desirable experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in business, marketing, math, science, or engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in inside selling with security, IT, SaaS, and/or physical security solutions (surveillance and/or access control)
- Experience with Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Axis, Hikvision, Hanwha, and other industry players a plus
- Start-up and entrepreneurial experience encouraged
- Proven and quantifiable track record of overachievement
- Experience selling to mid-market, large enterprise, and public sector
- Hunter background with a proven history of success
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience as well as strong
- C-level/board-level communications and relationship skills
- Good all-around knowledge of the security market
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and takes ownership
- Good business acumen, experience with contracts and pricing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and other CRM tools
What we can offer
- Full-time role with a competitive base salary, and sales commissions
- Stock options
- Flexibility to work from home
- Additional company benefits based on location
How to apply:
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for us, please email a CV and portfolio to Marcus at email@example.com.
Our interview process is very informal - don't bother wearing a business suit! Just come prepared to talk about your experience, interest in technology, and meet our team.